Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Kelis and That 70's Show, A Match Made in Heaven

First, I would just ilke to proclaim this: My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. And they're like, "It's better than yours." Damn right, it's better than yours. I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.

Why do I feel the need to proclaim that? Because that damn song has been in my head for fucking ever. I heard it at the beginning of Christmas break, when I still had MTV, and couldn't get this image, nor the song, out of my head.



Well, not quite that image. The one in my head was from the video where she's wearing that damn sexy shirt and leans over...yeah. If I ruled the world (which I'm sure will happen one day) all females who I deem hot would wear that shirt. I don't even think Kelis is hot and I just popped major wood thinking about her. It's all in the shirt. Anyway, I'm off on a tangent here. Speaking of major wood, however, this picture should lead into what I really wanted to talk about.




This post was actually meant to be about That 70's Show. I was sitting with Wubbs watching it the other day, laughing my ass off, and I came to the realization that it is the best show that's been on TV in the past five years, with the possible exception of The Simpsons. The show is absolutely beyond hilarious, week in and week out, with no fall off, even though the show has been on for seven seasons.

That 70's Show has some of the bst lines that I've ever heard from a TV show. What other show can you hear, "I work harder than you, I play harder than you, I drink harder, do more drugs, and have way more sex. I'm exhausted man." Or, "I cant close my mouth. Can you close your mouth? Its starting to freak me out!" Honestly, the banter, and the chemistry, between the characters is amazing.

What other show has the badass clothes that they wear on this show? Honestly, I think we have a lot to learn from the clothing of the 70's. If I had a closet full of the clothes worn on that show, I would be a happy man, and I would wear them every day. And women would of course want to have sex with me... even more. Tight fitting bell bottoms are just inherently sexy, it's like a rule... if I'm allowed to make up rules, which of course I am.

Finally, what other show shows a bunch of kids sitting around in a circle smoking pot and saying weird shit? Not only do they have the balls to show that (until I'm pretty sure the network made them take the obvious smoke away), but they do it with excellent realism. Many times have I been able to predict the next line that was going to be said in the circle of people based solely on, shall we say, personal past experience. I'm glad they obviously got some former high school tokers to write for the show.

I don't know, I guess this post didn't really go anywhere, but that's where I'm leaving it. This was my ode to That 70's Show. If you don't like it, or the show, blow me, I don't care. I'll be funny some other time, I promise.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home